Upstate Business Incubator Program Working to Close Gap in Minority-Owned Businesses
Not just a workspace, but an innovative business ecosystem driving knowledge-shared connectivity and sustainable success
YMA CARES Nonprofit Minority Business Incubator Program
Accepting Applications: 4/17/23
Application Process Ends: 6/02/23
Four Participants Selected and Announced: 6/09/23
Program Begins: 6/19/23
WHY YMA CARES Nonprofit Minority Business Incubator Program?
CLASS 1 GRADUATES
(AUGUST 2022 – FEBRUARY 2023)
Founder of NoWorries Entertainment
Karl Reed is a successful entrepreneur and athlete, with a diverse background in combat sports and sports management. He was formerly a collegiate wrestling coach and professional MMA fighter, and has since founded and serves as the CEO of NoWorries Enterprises, a group of companies operating in the combat sports industry and real estate investing space.
After transitioning from fighting to sports management, Karl worked with Paradigm Sports, one of the leading managing companies in the industry that represents some of the biggest names in combat sports such as Conor McGregor, Israel Adesanya, and Cris Cyborg.
Today, Karl is pursuing his passions of entrepreneurship, coaching, and philanthropy. He has launched NoWorries Entertainment, a combat sports agency, and NoWorries Academy, a mixed martial arts school. Additionally, he is dedicated to giving back to his community through the NoWorries Foundation.
Creator of Be Patient Caregiving
The Founder of Be Patient Caregiving has continued to provide a solution to families needing help with their loved ones in their homes. Be Patient Caregiving provides Affordable Private Elderly In-Home Care Services meeting you where we are needed most in your life. An Open ear to listen and understand how we can be of most value to you and your loved one. We come to continue the independence of staying at home and living your best life.
Be Patient Caregiving has expanded services to working-class individuals and families by creating Concierge services to answer the call for another need in the community. Providing service in the private sector give families opportunities to continue to balance their life, health, careers, businesses, and many other responsibilities. My goal is to continue to be a problem solver growing and expanding our services through Spartanburg Northside, Spartanburg City, Spartanburg County, and surrounding counties, to National level.
Founder & CEO, Revel Care
Revel Care is established as holistic healthcare company providing In Home Care, Private Duty Nursing & Personal Concierge Services. Before Revel Care, Cornelius was a father, avid learner & serial entrepreneur, providing other legal & courier services and small business consultations. He also actively serves in multiple organizations, making good men better. He was inspired to start the healthcare company from being a family caregiver to his grandparents majority of his life.
After losing both grandparents in 2021, he wanted to continue to give is compassionate care and honor their lives. Cornelius & Revel Care is rooted in service and truly cares about the well being of others. With Revel Care they have the mission to provide genuine care and superior quality services to clients and communities within the Upstate, SC and further become a preferred healthcare service provider.
Co-owner, Pace to Peace Wellness Collective
Ashley is a licensed independent social worker-clinical practice (LISW-CP) in the state of South Carolina where she earned her master’s degree in social work from the University of South Carolina. She has worked for over 12 years with a variety of populations including children with chronic medical conditions, victims of crime, survivors of intimate partner violence, families without permanent homes, disadvantaged youth and people with mental illness.
Ashley is currently a pediatric social worker at a healthcare system in the upstate and a co-owner and part-time clinical therapist at Pace to Peace Wellness Collective specializing in childhood trauma, relationship challenges and working with black men. Ashley enjoys volunteering, participating in book club and spending time with family and friends in her free time.
Myra Brunson-Samuel is a licensed independent social worker-clinical practice in the state of South Carolina (LISW-CP) and a licensed clinical social worker in North Carolina (LCSW).
Myra earned her Master’s degree in social work from Winthrop University. She has over 14 years experience in the field of clinical social work. She has worked with a wide range of population and among those are individuals who suffer from serious mental illnesses and chronic medical conditions. Myra currently works full-time for an insurance MCO as a behavioral health utilization manager and part-time as a clinician with Pace to Peace Wellness Collective.
Myra specializes in working young adults to geriatric clients who struggle with depression, anxiety, grief and life transitions. Myra enjoys giving back to her community and educating them on the importance of mental health. When she is not advocating for mental health, she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 children.
BUSINESS INCUBATOR TENANT REQUIREMENTS
- US citizen 18 years or older.
- 51% minority-owned and operated
- Must submit a realistic business idea or is currently operating a small business that reflects the potential to grow and become a leading player in a national market.
- All applicants will be required to submit an Executive Summary.
- Selection will be based on the impact potential of the company including expected revenue growth and job creation capabilities.
- Must reside in the Spartanburg or Greenville County, South Carolina.
- If selected, your company must agree to weekly book accounting during the tenancy in the program. All information is strictly confidential, but our staff needs to be able to review the financials of the company with your company personnel to assist in the growth and strategic planning.
- If selected, your company is required to schedule and attend weekly business performance reviews to ensure your company is tracking key metrics and achieving specified targeted goals.
- If selected, your company must commit to 6 months in the program and occupy the provided space with sole purpose of creating new jobs, increase tax generation, and create wealth, which ultimately causes a chain reaction of community benefits through the multiplier effect.
- Candidate must complete online Zoom interview.
- Must complete credit and background checks.
- If currently operating a business, the business cannot be in current litigation or facing bankruptcy.